Plant Health Alliance
The Plant Health Alliance is a cross-sectoral group of organisations spanning ornamental horticulture, forestry and general land management, it includes trade associations, environmental NGOs and government agencies.
The purpose of the Alliance is to promote and enhance plant health and biosecurity measures to protect plant species and associated ecosystems (natural capital) in the United Kingdom and beyond.
In early 2019, to achieve this purpose, the Alliance published the Plant Health Management Standard which set out the technical requirements for the Plant Healthy Certification Scheme. The interests of the Alliance are represented by the charity Plant Healthy Limited which is the owner of the Plant Health Management Standard and the Governing Body of the Scheme.
Plant Healthy Limited represents the interests of the Alliance by:
- Performing the duties of the Governing Body of the Plant Healthy Certification Scheme
- Aiming to align the Standard with regulatory frameworks
- Providing technical advice to develop the Standard
- Developing plant health and biosecurity training materials
- Seeking for the Scheme to fit, where appropriate, with related schemes
- Promoting the requirements of the Standard to industry and the general public
The formation of the Alliance was proposed as a result of a plant health conference at Highgrove in February 2018.
Plant Health Alliance - Terms of Reference
Plant Healthy Limited is a registered charity (in England and Wales - 1205937)
The Plant Health Alliance (organisations)