Plant Health Alliance
The Plant Health Alliance are the owner of the Plant Health Management Standard and the Governing Body of the Plant Healthy Certification Scheme.
The Alliance is a cross-sectoral group with membership organisations spanning ornamental horticulture, forestry and general land management as well trade associations, environmental NGOs and government.
The purpose of the Alliance is to promote and enhance plant health and biosecurity measures to protect plant species and associated ecosystems (natural capital) in the United Kingdom and beyond.
The work of the Alliance
Through a Steering Group the work of the Alliance includes -
- aiming to align the Standard with regulatory frameworks
- providing technical advice to develop the Standard
- development of plant health and biosecuirty training materials
- duties of the Governing Body of the Plant Healthy Certification Scheme
- seeking for the Scheme to fit, where appropriate, with related schemes
- activities to promote requirements of the Standard to industry and the general public
The formation of the Alliance was proposed as a result of a plant health conference at Highgrove in February 2018.
Plant Health Alliance - Accord - September 2019
Plant Health Alliance Steering Group - Terms of Reference
International Year of Plant Health 2020
The United Nations has declared 2020 as the International Year of Plant Health (IYPH). The year is a once in a lifetime opportunity to raise global awareness on how protecting plant health can help end hunger, reduce poverty, protect the environment, and boost economic development.
In the UK many of the members of the Plant Health Alliance sit on the International Year of Plant Health steering committee and by working together we aim to improve plant biosecurity and plant health, in the UK and internationally.